Complimenting a Tattoo: The Guide
Complimenting a tattoo can be tricky- you don’t want to sound like a cheesy idiot, but you also don’t want to come across as cold or uninterested. Tattoos are a big commitment, and most people who get them do so because they love them. That’s why it’s important to know how to compliment someone’s tattoo in a way that is genuine and meaningful. In this article, we will provide some tips on how to do just that!
Best Compliments for Tattoo
Complimenting someone’s tattoo is a great way to start a conversation, show that you’re interested in their ink, and make them feel good about themselves. When giving a compliment, be sincere, genuine, and specific to make the most impact. And if you’re ever unsure of what to say, simply complimenting the artwork or asking about the story behind it is always appreciated.
“Your tattoo is beautiful!”
“That tattoo is so unique and cool!”
“I love the colors in your tattoo!”
“Your tattoo is amazing!”
“I love your tattoo!”
“That’s a really cool tattoo!”
“I’m so jealous of your tattoo!”
“Your tattoo must have taken forever!” (if it’s a large or intricate design)
“I like your tattoo because ___________ .” (fill in the blank with something specific about the design, such as “the way the lines flow together,” “the meaning behind it,” or “the placement on your body.”)
In general, avoid making comments about how “sexy” or “hot” the person looks with their tattoo. While this may be your intention, it can often come across as objectifying or creepy. If you must give a compliment like this, make sure to couple it with something else that’s more personal and sincere. For example:
“You look really sexy with your new tattoo. It really suits you.”
“That tattoo is so hot. It makes me want to get one myself!”
“You look so badass with that tattoo. I love it.”
But what do you say if you see someone with an impressive tattoo out in the wild? How can you pay them a compliment without sounding creepy or like you’re trying to pick them up? Here’s our guide on how to do it:
- First, take a step back and really look at the person’s tattoo. What is it that you like about it? Is it the colors? The subject matter? The way it was executed? Once you’ve pinpointed what it is that caught your eye, you can move on to the next step.
- Next, strike up a conversation with the person about their tattoo. This is where things can get a little tricky, but if you keep a few things in mind it should be easy enough. Things like “That’s an amazing tattoo!” or “The detail in that is incredible!” are always good choices.
Compliments for Tattoo Artist
If you’re looking for a compliment that will really mean something to your tattoo artist, tell them how much their work means to you. A lot of people think that getting a tattoo is just about the end result, but the truth is that it’s a process – and one that takes a lot of skill, dedication, and artistry. So if you can express to your tattoo artist how much you appreciate their time, effort, and artistry, it will mean the world to them.
Another great way to compliment your tattoo artist is by referring them to your friends. The best way to show someone how much you appreciate their work is by spreading the word and bringing them more business. So if you know anyone who’s thinking about getting a tattoo, make sure to send them your artist’s way.
And finally, the best way to show your tattoo artist how much you appreciate their work is by taking care of your tattoo. After all, a tattoo is an investment – and one that will last a lifetime if you take care of it. So be sure to follow your artist’s aftercare instructions to the letter, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Taking good care of your tattoo will not only ensure that it looks amazing for years to come, but it’ll also show your artist that you value their hard work.
Some examples of how you could compliment your tattoo artist include:
- Thank you so much for your time, effort, and artistry. Your work means a lot to me.
- I’m so happy with my tattoo – it’s exactly what I wanted. Thank you!
- I was referred to you by a friend, and I can see why – you’re an amazing artist.
- Thanks for the aftercare instructions. I’m taking good care of my tattoo and it’s healing up beautifully.
Other tips on how to compliment a tattoo artist include:
- Make sure to be specific when you’re complimenting them. Generic compliments won’t mean as much.
- If you’re unsure what to say, just express your gratitude. A simple “thank you” goes a long way.
- Don’t forget to take care of your tattoo! This is the best way to show your artist that you appreciate their work.
One Word Compliments For Tattoo
Here are some one word compliments that you can use to describe a tattoo:
What are some things you should avoid saying when complimenting a tattoo?
There are a few things you should avoid saying when complimenting a tattoo.
- Avoid making any comment about the pain involved in getting the tattoo. The person who got the tattoo is well aware of the pain and does not need to be reminded.
- Don’t ask about the meaning of the tattoo unless the person wants to share that information with you.
- Do not say anything that might be interpreted as offensive such as, “That’s so brave!” or “You’re so strong!” These comments, while intended to be complimentary, can come across as backhanded.
How To Respond
Here are a few tips on how to graciously accept a compliment about your tattoo:
- Thank the person for the compliment. This is probably the most important thing to do when someone pays you a compliment, no matter what it’s about. Whether it’s an honest “thank you” or a more enthusiastic “thanks so much!”, make sure you let the other person know that you appreciate their kind words.
- Explain the meaning of your tattoo, if you feel comfortable doing so. Some people choose to get tattoos that are very personal to them, and they might not want to share the meaning with everyone who compliments it. However, if you’re comfortable discussing the meaning of your tattoo, go ahead and give the other person a little insight into why you chose it.
- Recommend the artist who did your tattoo. This is a great way to spread the word about a talented artist, and it might even lead to some new business for them! If you know someone is thinking about getting a tattoo, this is also an opportunity to give them a recommendation for a good artist.
- Say something nice back. If someone takes the time to compliment your tattoo, it’s only polite to return the favor! You can compliment their outfit, hairstyle, or anything else you can think of. Just remember to be sincere – insincere compliments can often come across as phony or fake.
How do you compliment a tattoo?
There is no one right way to compliment a tattoo. You can simply tell the person you like their tattoo, or you can ask them about the meaning behind it. If you want to give a more detailed compliment, you might say something like, “I love the colors in your tattoo,” or “That design is really unique.” 
If you’re not sure what to say, it’s always better to err on the side of caution and keep your compliment simple.
How do you appreciate a tattoo artist?
Tattoo artists are some of the most passionate and hardworking people in the world. They put their heart and soul into their art, and it shows. If you’re looking to show your appreciation for a tattoo artist, there are a few things you can do.
First, take the time to compliment their work. A genuine compliment will go a long way. Second, consider leaving a positive review on their page or website. This helps other potential clients know that they’re great at what they do. Finally, recommend them to your friends! The more business they get, the more successful they’ll be.
What do you say to a good tattoo artist?
“That looks amazing!”
“You’re so talented!”
All of these are great things to say to your tattoo artist after they’ve just inked you up with a beautiful new tattoo. 
How do you describe a tattoo?
When it comes to tattoos, there are a lot of ways to describe them. But how do you describe a tattoo in a way that will make the person who has it feel good?
Here are some tips:
- First, take a look at the tattoo and find something that you like about it. It could be the colors, the design, or even the placement on the body.
- Second, compliment the artist who did the tattoo. This is a great way to show your appreciation for their work.
- Third, focus on why you think the tattoo is special to the person who has it. This could be because it represents something important to them, or because it’s a reminder of a special time in their life. 
Useful Video: Tattoo Placement and Flow – Talk
In conclusion, giving compliments to people with tattoos is a great way to show your support for their artwork. However, it is important to do so in a respectful and thoughtful manner. By following the tips in this guide, you can be sure that your compliments will be appreciated and well-received. Thanks for reading!